Pointus Partners is a privately held Canadian-based proprietary trading firm located in Montreal. Our core principles are: innovation, collaboration and communication. We think critically, share ideas and solve problems as a team. We embrace the entrepreneurial spirit, a work-life balance, and a flat organizational structure in an open office concept.
From sophisticated algorithms to outright trading, we only employ cutting edge technology to gain advantages in today’s trading environment. The firm’s primary tool is its people with the support of its own trading platform called VT Trader.
We are looking for an entrepreneurial minded candidate to develop and expand our proven trading strategies into new areas. You must be goal-oriented in order to drive revenues and trading profits.
- Bachelor’s degree in statistics, mathematics, engineering, finance or related field
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to successfully manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Demonstrated ability to exercise discretion in making decisions
- Aptitude and preference for working in a highly collaborative environment
- Completion of the Canadian Securities Course, Canadian Investment Management (CIM) designation would be considered an asset
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designation (or in progress) would be an asset
As a trading associate at Pointus Partners, you will focus on the following:
- Execution of trading strategies
- Monitoring and reconciling trading positions consistently throughout the day
- Monitoring daily P&L, exposure and risk reports
- Communicating with internal technology support regarding trading system issues
- Reporting any potential compliance issues
- Researching potential trading opportunities and helping to devise new trading strategies
- Other tasks as required
Why join Pointus Partners
- Our competitive salary and bonus structure
- Centrally located office (close to Metro, train and bus station)
- A comprehensive benefits program for you and your dependents and significant others
- A casual work environment