Pointus Partners is a privately held Canadian-based proprietary trading firm located in Montreal. Our core principles are: innovation, collaboration and communication. We think critically, share ideas and solve problems as a team. We embrace the entrepreneurial spirit, a work-life balance, and a flat organizational structure in an open office concept.
From sophisticated algorithms to outright trading, we only employ cutting edge technology to gain advantages in today’s trading environment. The firm’s primary tool is its people with the support of its own trading platform called VT Trader.
We are currently looking for a Technical Support Specialist.
If you wish to join a company whose vision is guided by common principles – innovation, collaboration and communication, which empower its employees to think critically and share ideas, you should have interests and knowledge in some of the following:
- Ability to conducive stepping business analysis and gathering of requirements
- 1-3 years experience with the abilities and interests below be considered an asset:
- You must have a programing base as you need to be able to automate processes and maintain and troubleshoot services in different programming languages
- Familiarity with scripting languages like Python, Ruby, Powershell, etc
- Familiarity with non-scripting language such as C#, Java or other relevant languages
- Basic knowledge of databases operations/deployment (MySql, Postgresql)
- Familiar with Cloud based service providers such as Amazon AWS operations/deployment
- Basic administration and troubleshooting knowledge on both Windows and Linux systems
- You have an various interests in
- Continuous integration and deployment
- Provisioning technologies(Ansible, Chef, Puppet)
- Monitoring dashboards and alerts (Prometheus)
- Virtualization technologies (Vagrant, VirtualBox, Hyper-V, docker)
- Ability to adapt and react to rapidly changing conditions and environments
- Strong attention to detail, logical/critical thinking and analysis skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
As an Technical Support Specialist, you will focus on the following:
- Develop and build automated deployment processes
- Build alarms to warn of system issues that need immediate attention
- Provide support for daily trading operations
- Troubleshoot connectivity issues to trading and market data providers
- Monitor network and performance metrics
- Working on different projects within and outside of your team to meet the firms goals
- Other tasks as required
Why join Pointus Partners
- Our competitive salary and bonus structure
- Centrally located office (close to Metro, train and bus station)
- A comprehensive benefits program for you and your dependents and significant others
- A casual work environment
NOTE: Only candidates residing in the Montreal region will be considered. Applicants from outside the region of Montreal, Quebec (Canada) will be ignored.
In light of COVID-19 safety is our highest priority, and are connecting with candidates through virtual interviews, recruitment events, and information sessions. We are excited to connect with you virtually, and look forward to receiving your application.
|Job Category||Developer, Support|