Pointus Partners is a privately held Canadian-based proprietary trading firm located in Montreal. Our core principles are: innovation, collaboration and communication. We think critically, share ideas and solve problems as a team. We embrace the entrepreneurial spirit, a work-life balance, and a flat organizational structure in an open office concept.
From sophisticated algorithms to outright trading, we only employ cutting edge technology to gain advantages in today’s trading environment. The firm’s primary tool is its people with the support of its own trading platform called VT Trader.
We are currently looking for a Software Developer
If you wish to join a company whose vision is guided by common principles – innovation, collaboration and communication, which empower its employees to think critically and share ideas, you have an interest or ability in:
- One or more programming languages such as C#, Java, C/C++, Python
- Database programming and SQL
- Accessing remote services such as REST or RPC
- Ability to adapt to rapidly changing conditions and environments
- Strong attention to detail, logical/critical thinking and analysis skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Make modifications to existing web applications;
- 2-5 years working experience as a C# software developer
- An interest in stock trading.
As an Software Developer, you will focus on the following:
- Write software components to interact with trading and market data providers
- Develop and update UI tools using Windows Forms and/or WPF
- Maintain and develop new tools for our trading platform
- Provide operations support as required
- Other tasks as required
Why join Pointus Partners
- Our competitive salary and bonus structure
- Centrally located office (close to Metro, train and bus station)
- A comprehensive benefits program for you and your dependents and significant others
- A casual work environment
In light of COVID-19 safety is our highest priority, and while the goal is to ultimately return to the office, we are currently working remotely and are connecting with candidates through virtual interviews, recruitment events, and information sessions. We are excited to connect with you virtually, and look forward to receiving your application.
NOTE: Only prospective candidates residing in the Montreal region will be contacted . Applicants from outside the region of Montreal, Quebec (Canada) will be ignored.