4Pointus Partners is a privately held Canadian-based proprietary trading firm located in Montreal. Our core principles are: innovation, collaboration and communication. We think critically, share ideas and solve problems as a team. We embrace the entrepreneurial spirit, a work-life balance, and a flat organizational structure in an open office concept.
From sophisticated algorithms to outright trading, we only employ cutting edge technology to gain advantages in today’s trading environment. The firm’s primary tool is its people with the support of its own trading platform called VT Trader.
We are looking for interns with an entrepreneurial spirit to support our team in the development and growth of our trading strategies.
If you would like to experience what life is like with a proprietary trading firm, you should have:
- Currently enrolled in one of the following academic programs:
- Statistics, Finance, Computer Sciences, Engineering, Mathematics, Economics or related fields.
- Curiosity and passion for trading and technology
- Self-motivation, hard working skills and be enthusiastic
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
- Ability to successfully manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Strong attention to detail, logical/critical thinking and analysis skills
- Aptitude and preference for working in a highly collaborative environment
As an intern you will be tasked to work on the following:
- Analyze, and measure electronic trading strategies
- Analyze performance of trading strategies over different markets and optimize strategies based on the analysis
- Back test strategies and build predictive models using historical market data
- Other tasks as required
Why join Pointus Partners
- Experience first hand a real trading environment
- Centrally located office (close to Metro, train and bus station)
- A casual environment