Pointus Partners is a privately held Canadian-based proprietary trading firm located in Montreal.
We are searching for an experienced Windows GUI developer. We are in the process of upgrading our Trading software and require a skilled designer/programmer to help design our system for 2021 and beyond.
The role will focus on the following:
- Creating and improving software systems with cutting edge technology
- Modernize our trading platforms user interface
- Work closely with the engineers responsible for backend services to ensure a well-architected solution
- Make suggestions about improving the user experience
- Optimize the UI to handle large volumes of data
As a GUI Developer you will have:
- At least 3 years in GUI development on windows
- Strong understanding of object-oriented programming
- Strong understanding of design patterns related to UI. (MVC, MVP, MVVM, etc)
- Strong understanding of C#, .Net, .Net Core frameworks, and related technologies
- Strong understanding of Winforms
- Working knowledge of common graphical controls and charts an asset (Syncfusion, Telerik, Component1, etc)
- Working knowledge of charting libraries and chart types
- Working knowledge of web-based GUI front ends an asset (Blazor, WASM, React, Vue, etc)
- Working knowledge of reactive programming an asset (Rx.Net, ReactiveUI)
- Good sense in creating fast and pleasing user interfaces
- Curiosity and passion for technology
- Must be detail-oriented, self-motivated, organized, and able to work in a team.
- Strong understanding of technology and standard business software like Microsoft Office, Outlook, etc.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in French and English required.